Matthew Murphy, CEO & Founder Dubbler
Today its time for us know about an entrepreneur, who founded a app which brought a new era in social messaging, Matthew Murphy, CEO & Founder Dubbler, Voice messaging App. Matthew say that ‘You don’t text your personality. You voice it’. Dubbler brings the simplicity and fun of audio to the social world. Lets see what Matthew have to share with us!!!
1. When was Appsurdity, Inc. started and how is the progress till date?
Appsurdity was founded in August 2012. Since then, we’ve built 2 mobile apps (Dubbler and Quad) and our mission is to create mobile applications that unleash connections, communication and creativity in ways that might seem absurd today but will soon become the norm.
2. Say something about Dubbler and also what inspired you to come up with the idea?
Dubbler was inspired from a fear that people are texting too much and not communicating enough verbally. If you browse the typical social media feed, you’ll mainly see photos and text updates, but voice is completely missing. So we built Dubbler to give people their voice back with an easy way to record and post your voice on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Tumblr.
3. What according to you was the tough time for Dubbler had gone through?
Dubbler is changing behaviors in the sense that people usually don’t post their voice on social media. We’ve found that its very easy for people to create Dubs, but the consumption part takes longer than when you consume a photo. We’re working on ways to improve this.
4. How does it feel when you see yourself covered by the top media across the world?
It is a very exciting feeling and it motivates you to keep working hard each day to achieve your mission and goals for the company.
5. Are you satisfied with your achievements till now?
No, my feeling is that you should always push yourself to the limits and keep striving to achieve more.
6. What is your favourite quote?
“The most dangerous risk of all – The risk of spending your life not doing what you want on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later.” Randy Komisar
7. What do you say about world startup culture?
We’re in a very exciting time now. The costs to start a company are dramatically lower than in the late ’90s. Plus there is plenty of capital to fund businesses that have high growth potential.
8. who is your real inspiration?
I am inspired by entrepreneurs who have a big vision and break down all the boundaries and walls to achieve it.
9. Your suggestions for the enthusiasts who want to develop some innovative apps?
Don’t let anything stand in your way. Work hard for what you believe in!
10. A single line about Entrepreneurs Mingle.
Entrepreneurs Mingle is a great resource for entrepreneurs!